Prior to your first visit, please download, print and and fill out all insurance and health information forms that will allow us to begin your dental treatment.Download New Patient Form
What should I tell my child about the first dental visit?
We are often asked this question. We suggest you prepare your child the same way you would before their first haircut or trip to the shoe store. Your child's reaction to his first visit to the dentist may surprise you. During your first visit the dentist will:
- We will asses your child's growth and development
- We will provide diet counseling and oral hygiene instructions
- Examine your child’s mouth, teeth and gums
- Evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking and tongue thrusting
- Check to see if your child needs fluoride treatment
- Teach you how to clean and care for your child’s teeth
- Suggest a schedule for regular dental visits
Here are some "First Visit" tips:
- Take your child for a "preview" of the office.
- Read books with them about going to the dentist.
- Review with them what the dentist will be doing at the time of the first visit.
- Watch this fun video together of Pinatta going to the dentist at www.pinatta.com
- Speak positively about your own dental experiences.
- “Show Me Your Smile!: A Visit to the Dentist (Dora the Explorer)” by Christine Ricci and Robert Roper
- “Elmo Visits the Dentist” by Dalmatian Press
- “The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist” by Stan & Jan Berenstain